What is Mechanical Insulation?
Mechanical Insulation, also known as Pipe & Duct Insulation, is designed to meet a system(s) design objectives for HVAC, Refrigeration, and Plumbing distribution systems. The primary purpose of mechanical insulation is to limit heat burden or loss of heat and/or cooling from processes operating at temperatures above or below the ambient air temps.
The Benefits of Mechanical Insulation
When installed properly, mechanical insulation can improve your building’s mechanical system in a number of different ways, including:
- Prevent heat loss or gain from piping systems, ductwork
- Reduced wait time for hot water
- Regulate the temperature of process systems
- Condensation control and mold prevention
- Personnel protection from hot or cold surfaces
- Control of noise
- Conserve energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions
Types of Mechanical Insulation
This special type of insulation comes in a variety of shapes and sizes:
- Pre-formed, cylindrical half sections of rigid fiberglass (used for piping and glass rock)
- Vinyl faced fiberglass blanket wrap
- Foil faced fiberglass blanket wrap
- Semi-rigid foil faced insulation board
These different types of insulation provide the flexibility to achieve maximum coverage for your home’s mechanical system.
There are also a number of different options when it comes to material type. Mechanical insulation is offered in various plastics and foam varieties, such as polystyrene, polyisocyanurate, polyurethane, phenolic, melamine, and others. Fibrous insulation is another option. This type includes materials like fiberglass or mineral wool. Finally, there is granular insulation which can be composed of calcium silicate, expanded perlite, and silica.
Commercial and Residential Insulation Services
When determining the best approach to insulation for your mechanical system, the number of options can be daunting. That’s where we come in. Energia is your trusted local mechanical insulation expert. Our team is dedicated to making the identification and installation process as painless, efficient, and effective as possible.
Energia installs insulation on all mechanical and process systems. Much of our work is in commercial buildings, which includes any facility that accepts the public or is used by a company for employees in an industrial or non-industrial or manufacturing setting. Mechanical insulation represents 1 to 2 percent of the total cost for a new commercial facility.
GET IN TOUCH TODAY TO LEARN WHAT MECHANICAL INSULATION CAN DO FOR YOU! 413.322.3111
Schedule your free estimate
COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS INCLUDE:
- Office Buildings
- Hospitals & Medical Buildings
- Sports Arenas
SYSTEMS WE INSULATE INCLUDE:
- All HVAC systems
- Pipe, duct, and equipment
- Hot and cold domestic plumbing pipe and equipment
- Roof drain pipe
- Emergency generator exhaust systems
- Kitchen hood exhaust ductwork